Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1B Visa - Filing of second time extension for recapturing the unused time allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Visa - Filing of second time extension for recapturing the unused time allowed?

Details of my L1B (Individual petition) are:
    L1B stamped on Sep 25, 2012 with expiry date of Sep 25, 2015.
    Traveled to US on Dec, 2012 and returned to India in June, 2014 (1.5 Years)
    Traveled to US on Dec, 2014 again and filed extension in Sep, 2015. Extension got approved in Feb, 2016 with Expiry date of Sep, 2017. Returned to India in Dec, 2016. (Used 2 years, totaling 3.5 Years)
    Now I am In India working for the same company. Questions are:
    1. Can I visit the embassy to get the stamping for US travel. Also, what validity will they provide for the maximum visa expiry to travel.
    2. If I get the stamping done from India and travel to US before Sep, 2017, can I file extension for the second time for recapturing the unused time? Is there any source of information I can find?

Originally posted by VJCOLUMBIA View Post
    Details of my L1B (Individual petition) are:
    L1B stamped on Sep 25, 2012 with expiry date of Sep 25, 2015.
    Traveled to US on Dec, 2012 and returned to India in June, 2014 (1.5 Years)
    Traveled to US on Dec, 2014 again and filed extension in Sep, 2015. Extension got approved in Feb, 2016 with Expiry date of Sep, 2017. Returned to India in Dec, 2016. (Used 2 years, totaling 3.5 Years)
    Now I am In India working for the same company. Questions are:
    1. Can I visit the embassy to get the stamping for US travel. Also, what validity will they provide for the maximum visa expiry to travel.
    2. If I get the stamping done from India and travel to US before Sep, 2017, can I file extension for the second time for recapturing the unused time? Is there any source of information I can find?
    With current I797 expiring within next 4 Months, I would not advise that. Advisable to get a new I797 and go for interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X