Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stayed on B1 visa for 11 weeks - will that impact L1 visa now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stayed on B1 visa for 11 weeks - will that impact L1 visa now?

I have a question regarding L1 visa -

I had traveled on B1 visa in 2016 from Sept - Nov for 11 weeks. That was for business meetings and I had mentioned the same in POE and Visa interview. Now, my employer may file for L1 in next month. Do you see that could create some problem?

Do you recommend something on the same? What precaution/documention I should have if I go L1 visa?

Thanks a lot again.

Originally posted by shahhr21 View Post
    I have a question regarding L1 visa -

I had traveled on B1 visa in 2016 from Sept - Nov for 11 weeks. That was for business meetings and I had mentioned the same in POE and Visa interview. Now, my employer may file for L1 in next month. Do you see that could create some problem?

Do you recommend something on the same? What precaution/documention I should have if I go L1 visa?

Thanks a lot again.
    What happened in the past cant be undone. As long as you were not working/developing/maintaining the code during that time, you should not worry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      What happened in the past cant be undone. As long as you were not working/developing/maintaining the code during that time, you should not worry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks Raghvi for quick help. I am from finance background/domain. I was involved in meeting VPs/GMs/CFOs in my business visa travel.

Being from finance field, what do you suggest - should I apply for L1A or L1B visa? Which would be the better option?

Thanks again.

Comment

B1 Visa to L1 Visa

I'm now on L1A Visa prior to this I was on B1 Visa also. I believe that as long as you did not stay here beyond your allowed I-94 while on B1 Visa then you should be fine. B1 Visa is classified as a Business Visa so it is consistent to an L1 Visa which is also in the same category.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by ptA2ptB View Post
          I'm now on L1A Visa prior to this I was on B1 Visa also. I believe that as long as you did not stay here beyond your allowed I-94 while on B1 Visa then you should be fine. B1 Visa is classified as a Business Visa so it is consistent to an L1 Visa which is also in the same category.

I hope this helps.
          Thanks for the help. I stayed for 11 weeks though I had 6 months stamping. Would you suggest any documentation that would support or strengthen the case if I was asked about my previous travel?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X