Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell-tale sign a company sponsors an L visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell-tale sign a company sponsors an L visa?

Hi - I'm on an H1B visa that is expiring in May 2018 and just found out that my EB2 petition failed. I will have exhausted a 6-year period on H that I have to leave the country in less than a year. I'm exploring other visa types to legally stay/work in the US (temporary departure is fine). The L visa seems to be an alternative and I understand its basic premise (global company, need to be outside US for at least a year. supervisor or special skills.) I'm just confused as to how one goes about finding a L1 job. Could someone give me an example how a typical job description that sponsors L1 looks like? Are there any tell-tale signs that a company may sponsor an L visa? I will appreciate any suggestions on my situation. Thanks!

An "L-1 job" is an "internal hire"

Therefore, you will never see a job description in external recruiting that identifies the job as an "L-1 job"

I suppose you can stick to MNCs to improve your odds, or better yet identify growth companies that will be acquired by US businesses

Still it seems like kind of a long shot, and you'd appreciate a more certain pathway to remaining in the United States. Perhaps you should marry a citizen

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X