Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Plan for Mexico

Hi All,

I am planning for a travel to Mexico, hoewever i need a little advice in my case as my L1 visa expiry data is in Apr 2020, and I94 in Nov 2018. Do i Need to apply for any Mexico Visa?
    Thanks!

Regards,
    RP

Originally posted by rajpat2 View Post
    Hi All,

I am planning for a travel to Mexico, hoewever i need a little advice in my case as my L1 visa expiry data is in Apr 2020, and I94 in Nov 2018. Do i Need to apply for any Mexico Visa?
    Why are you talking about your US visas??? Were are you from? Mexico has nothing to do with US...is another country with its own immigration laws. They really don`t care if you have a US visa or not...at least, not to enter there. Their land, their rules...

So, you need to go to the Mexico Embassy website. All the info is there and it is very clear. Based on your country of citizenship (passport you want to use to enter Mexico) the website will explain if you need a visa or not. Luckily for visitors and business (equivalent to B1/B2) Mexico allows a very high number of countries to visit without needing a visa. Eventually they can facilitate if you have already an US visa but, again, this is their decision.

So, your L1 visa, I-94 and all the nice paperwork you have in US means very little outside US. Good to be aware of that. I have a friend that has a GC and she tried to visit Europe thinking that because of the permanent residency in US this will help her...guess what?? Just spent money on travel tickets because what really matters is your passport...no entry for her without getting a visitor visa. So she decided to apply for US citizenship...

Comment

Recently we made a trip to Mexico from US and we are L1/L2 visa holders. You can get visa on arrival in Mexico.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X