Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to L1A conversion but Technical Role

Hi

This forum has helped me in every step of my USA journey, I need suggestion on L1B to L1A conversion this time.

I am on L1B Individual Visa and currently in US. My petition is approved for 3 years and visa for 5 yrs. I have spent 1 yr of my total 5 yr validity I am willing to change my visa to L1A and eventually GC in EB1 category, but confused as how I can do that without changing my technical role Can the experts on this forum help me understand the eligibility for L1A and pre requisites that i can get it done with my company as i have time to do it. My company has asked me find how I can do it and they can support me with visa changes. My company will change my role to Manager as L1A requires but i am unclear about how is this checked by USICS when GC is processed I want the process to be smooth as much as it can be.

I will really appreciate your help Raghvi you have helped me in past can you throe some light here please.

Thanks

Now a days, everyone is rushing for EB1 & converting their visa the same way.

For EB1, you need to be working in a managerial position outside USA for one year - which doesn't seems to be your case.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

But if promotion happens while you are in USA and worked in that position for 1 year is it not considered?
      From what I read across several forums and websites it is not mandatory to have experience outside US, you should be with same company for 1 year or more outside USA is what I understood.
      Correct me if i am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hereforb1 View Post
        Thanks for your reply.

But if promotion happens while you are in USA and worked in that position for 1 year is it not considered?
        From what I read across several forums and websites it is not mandatory to have experience outside US, you should be with same company for 1 year or more outside USA is what I understood.
        Correct me if i am wrong.
        You are wrong.

You need to be a manager/executive BEFORE coming to US for at least 1 year. And you also need to be in a role of managerial/executive capacity in US. Doesn`t really matter if you were promoted here because you were not a manager before coming here. And, as you can easily notice, even some supervision roles in US are called manager because they are people managers but you are not considered a manager for immigration. This L1A visa was created for high level managers and executive that usually have managers reporting to them and they do not perform tasks, just strategic decisions and management...I fully agree with Libra_14 comment that every single person in this forum is trying to move to L1A even knowing they are not eligible. This will only increase the processing times and put the L visas into question...so, in a near future, there will be not enough H and L visas and eventually very little options...as more the people try to start processes that are not clear-cut, more backlog all people will suffer.

I know you are looking for options but you should really look for options that are applicable to you and that will be easily move. You don`t want to force a situation to get a visa (that you may even get by mistake) and later have a green card denied or citizenship denied...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X