L1 visa petition end date expiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 visa petition end date expiring

My L1B blanket visa's petition end date is expiring soon in March 2018. My company wants me to return to India and go through the interview process for L1 again instead of filing for an extension. I have the following question.

1. What is a better option? Filing for an extension of L1B visa or going through the interview process for L1B blanket all over again?
    2. If I go through the interview process in India (L1B blanket) and if I get rejected will my old visa be canceled by the visa officer? (My company says that if I get rejected I can come on a previously issued L1B visa whose PED is expiring in March 2018 and then they will file for the L1B individual extension.)
    Last edited by randomuser; 11-02-2017, 10:24 AM. Reason: Updated the year

Originally posted by randomuser View Post
    My L1B blanket visa's petition end date is expiring soon in March 2017. My company wants me to return to India and go through the interview process for L1 again instead of filing for an extension. I have the following question.

1. What is a better option? Filing for an extension of L1B visa or going through the interview process for L1B blanket all over again?
    2. If I go through the interview process in India (L1B blanket) and if I get rejected will my old visa be canceled by the visa officer? (My company says that if I get rejected I can come on a previously issued L1B visa whose PED is expiring in March 2017 and then they will file for the L1B individual extension.)
    Hello
    Do you mind telling about your I-94 date? I am also on blanket and PED is Mar 2018. My I-94 is May 2019 so cannot even apply for extension. If you travel to India, is there any cooing period before applying for new L1?

Comment

Originally posted by Nsrindia View Post
      Hello
      Do you mind telling about your I-94 date? I am also on blanket and PED is Mar 2018. My I-94 is May 2019 so cannot even apply for extension. If you travel to India, is there any cooing period before applying for new L1?
      My I-94 date is same as the petition end date i.e. March 2018.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X