797 Expired but Visa Stamping Valid - Renewal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 797 Expired but Visa Stamping Valid - Renewal Question

Hi - I had my I-797 valid from Jan 2015 to Dec 19 2017. But when I went for Stamping in India (in 2015) - I got Visa stamping till Jan 2020. Now I have renewed my L1A petition (got new I-797). My new I-797 is now valid till Dec 2020. My question is - do I have to go for Visa Stamping now, esp. given I have got new I-797 or old visa which is stamped till Jan 2020 will work for now if I have to travel outside US and comeback

I too am facing the same scenario.

During my last visa stamping in Jan 2017, I received a visa with expiry in 2022 (Even though my petition was only valid till Aug 2017). There was an annotation saying I must present an approved I-797 at the PoE. I now have an approved extension petition in hand. Do i need to go for a fresh stamping if I leave the country? Or will the L1 visa with validity till 2022 along with the new approved I-797 be enough at the PoE?

Comment

Originally posted by l1aquestion View Post
      Hi - I had my I-797 valid from Jan 2015 to Dec 19 2017. But when I went for Stamping in India (in 2015) - I got Visa stamping till Jan 2020. Now I have renewed my L1A petition (got new I-797). My new I-797 is now valid till Dec 2020. My question is - do I have to go for Visa Stamping now, esp. given I have got new I-797 or old visa which is stamped till Jan 2020 will work for now if I have to travel outside US and comeback
      No need of new Visa, you are good to travel with the original visa & latest 797 (valid till Jan 2020)

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Foe View Post
      I too am facing the same scenario.

During my last visa stamping in Jan 2017, I received a visa with expiry in 2022 (Even though my petition was only valid till Aug 2017). There was an annotation saying I must present an approved I-797 at the PoE. I now have an approved extension petition in hand. Do i need to go for a fresh stamping if I leave the country? Or will the L1 visa with validity till 2022 along with the new approved I-797 be enough at the PoE?
      For the cases, where they strongly believe that you are not needed to get the visa again, they keep on issuing visa with higher validity.

No need of new Visa, you are good with just the 797 renewal & current visa.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X