Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh L1 blanket petition - L2 out of status ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh L1 blanket petition - L2 out of status ?

Me and my spouse are in US for last 2 years on L1 Blanket/L2 visa respectively. Both visas and I94 set to expire 3 months from today. My spouse holds a valid EAD set to expire 1 month before L2 expiry.
    My spouse's company has filed H1, still under RFE.

Okay, here's the situation, my company has recommended traveling back to home country (alone), apply for a fresh L1 Blanket petition (not extension) instead of applying for extension with USCIS. For L2 they recommend filing extension from here after my L1 blanket is stamped or fly back to home country and get passport stamped.

I am confused about a few things regarding its impact on spouse's L2 and EAD

1. Reading other responses on this forum (especially from shervin143), I understand my existing L1 Blanket visa will be cancelled (CWOP) when I appear for the consulate interview. Is that correct?
    2. If my L1 current blanket visa is marked cancelled (CWOP) and I get a fresh L1 Blanket visa, will my spouse be out of status immediately or can spouse still continue to work till current i94 expires ?
    3. What about spouses EAD ?
    4. Is it okay for my spouse to travel back to our home country to get her visa stamped (with L2 visa) even when her H1 is under RFE ?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X