Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A from India before 1year cooling period of H1B 6years

Hi All,
    I have exhausted my 6years on H1B on 19-Oct-17 and had to travel back to India. My GC process (PERM) has been kicked off in Aug'17, but is in audit.
    My project has an urgent requirement in US again and my company wants to send initiate L1A in Jan'18, as the PERM-I140 process is not going to happen soon.

My question: Is it possible to apply for L1A from India, before 1year cooling period is completed after 6years in H1B?

I know that L1A offers 7years validity, i.e, I will have another 1 year validity if it is approved. And I know few managers in my company who have transferred from H1B to L1A in US to capture the extra 1year. But, I have not come across anyone who has applied for L1A from India before 1year cooling period.

Reasons why I think I am eligible for L1A:
    1. My first port of entry to US on H1B was in Jun'2010 and returned to India in Feb'2012.
    2. I have stayed back in India for 16 months and went back to US in Jul'2013.
    3. During Mar'2012 to Jun'2013, I was working as a manager with 4 reportee's under me.
    4. I have not switched companies during this period.

Please help. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X