Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for L2 visa and H1B visa at the same time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for L2 visa and H1B visa at the same time.

My background: Currently in US on L1A. Looking to change jobs. I have an offer and I have two visa options; use remaining 3 years from past H1B or jump on wife's L1A as L2 dependent and get EAD card.

My questions:

1. Can I apply for ‘L2 + L2 EAD’ at the same time as ‘H1b’?

2. If H1b gets approved first and L2 gets approved later on, will L2 automatically cancel H1b or do I have to apply for change of status? How about if the approval

3. What is the lead time for H1b and L2 + L2 EAD?

Would really appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Applying L2 visa on H1B visa

Originally posted by sk747 View Post
    My background: Currently in US on L1A. Looking to change jobs. I have an offer and I have two visa options; use remaining 3 years from past H1B or jump on wife's L1A as L2 dependent and get EAD card.

My questions:

1. Can I apply for ‘L2 + L2 EAD’ at the same time as ‘H1b’?

2. If H1b gets approved first and L2 gets approved later on, will L2 automatically cancel H1b or do I have to apply for change of status? How about if the approval

3. What is the lead time for H1b and L2 + L2 EAD?

Would really appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Hi,
    I have a similar query. Currently I am holding H1B visa and its extension is in progress. I am travelling back to India.
    1. Can I apply L2 Visa over H1B?
    2. If yes, how much time will it take to get L2 visa over H1B?
    3. Will it automatically cancel H1B visa?
    Please reply..

Thanks

Comment

Applying L2 Visa over H1B

Hi All,

I have a similar query. Currently I am having H1B visa and I am planning to travel back to India. I need to apply for L2 visa as my husband will get assignment on L1B.
      1. Can I apply for L2 visa?
      2. If yes, will it automatically cancel H1B visa?
      3. How much time will it take to get L2 visa from India(in case I ma already having H1B visa)?

Please reply

Comment

Originally posted by 150819 View Post
        Hi All,

I have a similar query. Currently I am having H1B visa and I am planning to travel back to India. I need to apply for L2 visa as my husband will get assignment on L1B.
        1. Can I apply for L2 visa?
        2. If yes, will it automatically cancel H1B visa?
        3. How much time will it take to get L2 visa from India(in case I ma already having H1B visa)?

Please reply
        1. Yes
        2. No. You can hold more than 1 visa at any time. While entering the US you can choose either of the two visas at the POE. Once that choice is made, your status is determined. If you want to change that status, you can either file COS from within the US, or travel out and re-enter using the other visa (provided it hasn't expired).
        3. Duration for L2 is on a case by case basis and your possession of H1 does not matter one way or the other.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X