L-2 approved while Abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-2 approved while Abroad

Change of Status filed for changing to L-2 from F1 in July 2017.

I travelled abroad for my wedding while on my F-1 visa and 4 months into my OPT period. The I-539 for changing my status to L-2 and the related i765 were approved while I was abroad. I could not get the L2 stamped due to timing. However, I was allowed entry back into the US based on my F-1 status.

Can I use the same L-2 approval notice received and get the stamping done when I am abroad again or do I have to file for the I-539 and i765 again? The assumption here is that because I entered on my F1 while the L2 was approved, the F1 status overrides the L2 status. Note: I have already travelled outside US again and was allowed entry on my F1 once again.

Originally posted by vidurbhatia7 View Post
    Change of Status filed for changing to L-2 from F1 in July 2017.

I travelled abroad for my wedding while on my F-1 visa and 4 months into my OPT period. The I-539 for changing my status to L-2 and the related i765 were approved while I was abroad. I could not get the L2 stamped due to timing. However, I was allowed entry back into the US based on my F-1 status.

Can I use the same L-2 approval notice received and get the stamping done when I am abroad again or do I have to file for the I-539 and i765 again? The assumption here is that because I entered on my F1 while the L2 was approved, the F1 status overrides the L2 status. Note: I have already travelled outside US again and was allowed entry on my F1 once again.
    For L2 stamping you do not need the 539 (That is for COS). All you need is the approved L1 details. The L2 approval is irrelevant as far as stamping is considered.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X