Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Visa - refile L1

Hi,

Our company is acquired by another company. My L1 visa is valid for next 3 years but my i797 is expiring soon. I am not sure if they are going to extend my stay in US. If they apply for extension and my visa gets extended, what are the chances that visa will be valid as my old company is acquired by new one?

If they want to refile a new L1..is it possible to refile it when I am in US?

Originally posted by imtiyaz1280 View Post
    Hi,

Our company is acquired by another company. My L1 visa is valid for next 3 years but my i797 is expiring soon. I am not sure if they are going to extend my stay in US. If they apply for extension and my visa gets extended, what are the chances that visa will be valid as my old company is acquired by new one?

If they want to refile a new L1..is it possible to refile it when I am in US?
    As long as it is a legal acquisition (which it surely is) & you (or your employer) can prove it with documentary evidences, you don't need to re-file it. The same extension will work.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X