No announcement yet.

L2 Visa re-application while previous petition is in administrative processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Visa re-application while previous petition is in administrative processing

Hi,

I and my spouse attended L1B and L2 visa interview respectively along with our child. While my petition under L1B was approved and so was my child's L2, my wife's L2 petition was put on hold for administrative processing. 221g was given out requesting copies of some documents to be submitted at Delhi OFC (only copies were requested, passport was not requested). As I understand that admin processing can take several months, could my wife re-apply for the same category of visa with fresh MRV fee basis my approved visa while the admin processing for her previous application continues? My organization cannot wait for me to travel until the processing gets completed and I believe it could be better for my wife to attend a fresh interview and present the document to the VCO unlike our first time.

Any suggestions to expedite resolution would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Originally posted by shashank.bhargava86 View Post
    Hi,

I and my spouse attended L1B and L2 visa interview respectively along with our child. While my petition under L1B was approved and so was my child's L2, my wife's L2 petition was put on hold for administrative processing. 221g was given out requesting copies of some documents to be submitted at Delhi OFC (only copies were requested, passport was not requested). As I understand that admin processing can take several months, could my wife re-apply for the same category of visa with fresh MRV fee basis my approved visa while the admin processing for her previous application continues? My organization cannot wait for me to travel until the processing gets completed and I believe it could be better for my wife to attend a fresh interview and present the document to the VCO unlike our first time.

Any suggestions to expedite resolution would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    How can you re-apply for the same thing, on which they are already working right now ??

This gives a false alarm, that you are trying to cheat the embassy.

Wait for their reply, or call embassy & request for expedition.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you Libra_14

Thank you Libra_14. I appreciate your advice and guidance. My wife's visa finally came through after 45 days in AP. We are looking forward to travelling in the near future.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X