L2 to F1 VISA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 to F1 VISA

My Son is studying 11th grade and will be completing his 12th by 2019 (June 5th).
    I am on L1 VISA which is valid up to April 2019.

His School is till June 5th 2019. I am having a deficit of almost 2 months. I would like to know.
    1. How my son can continue in US and Complete his studies.
    2. Do I need to apply for F1 VISA for him. Can I get the status for my Son changed from L-2 dependent visa to a F-1 visa using USCIS Form I-539?
    3. Since he is studying in Public School, does a public high school issue I-20 form.
    4. At present there is no Fees we are paying for his Tution. Do I need to provide Tution Fees for his remaining 2 months?
    5. Can he stay in a Rented apartment for the two months which we are staying at present?

Best
    N.

Originally posted by neeluiyer View Post
    My Son is studying 11th grade and will be completing his 12th by 2019 (June 5th).
    I am on L1 VISA which is valid up to April 2019.

His School is till June 5th 2019. I am having a deficit of almost 2 months. I would like to know.
    1. How my son can continue in US and Complete his studies.
    2. Do I need to apply for F1 VISA for him. Can I get the status for my Son changed from L-2 dependent visa to a F-1 visa using USCIS Form I-539?
    3. Since he is studying in Public School, does a public high school issue I-20 form.
    4. At present there is no Fees we are paying for his Tution. Do I need to provide Tution Fees for his remaining 2 months?
    5. Can he stay in a Rented apartment for the two months which we are staying at present?

Best
    N.
    You not planning for extension?
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X