Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B canceled when applied for B1/B2

Hello,

I had applied for L1B visa and it was approved last month. Due to some urgent requirements, I was shifted to another project in Bangalore. I had planned a trip with my friends to US, so i applied for B1/B2 visa. During the interview, the consular asked if you are working on this project (the one for L1B) or is it over? I told him I am not working on it. So the officer told me that your "Visa has been approved" and he scribbled something on my passport. All my friends got their passport within 1-2 working days and I got back my passport after 20 days as it went under administrative processing. When i saw my passport, I was shocked to see that the officer didn't even tell me and he cancelled my L1B visa. He wrote"cwop" which means canceled without prejudice. I have to travel in the coming month for work purpose and now I can't. Can anyone please tell me is there a way to reinstate the visa? It was a difficult and lengthy process and it will take a lot of time and money to undergo the same process. Also, there is a possibility of rejection. Could someone please help?

Regards,
    Anupriya

Originally posted by Anupriya Verma View Post
    Hello,

I had applied for L1B visa and it was approved last month. Due to some urgent requirements, I was shifted to another project in Bangalore. I had planned a trip with my friends to US, so i applied for B1/B2 visa. During the interview, the consular asked if you are working on this project (the one for L1B) or is it over? I told him I am not working on it. So the officer told me that your "Visa has been approved" and he scribbled something on my passport. All my friends got their passport within 1-2 working days and I got back my passport after 20 days as it went under administrative processing. When i saw my passport, I was shocked to see that the officer didn't even tell me and he cancelled my L1B visa. He wrote"cwop" which means canceled without prejudice. I have to travel in the coming month for work purpose and now I can't. Can anyone please tell me is there a way to reinstate the visa? It was a difficult and lengthy process and it will take a lot of time and money to undergo the same process. Also, there is a possibility of rejection. Could someone please help?

Regards,
    Anupriya
    This is what he asked you & you responded.

Is your project over? you said "you are not working on it" - which means that visa no longer valid for you.

Did you visited US on your B1? If yes, re-apply for the same visa on same petition & clearly mention this time that your project was temporarily on hold & now restarted. You still have fair changes of re-approval. Just show confidence in front of VO with your point.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X