Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 - Better chances with spouse

Hi,

I'm going for an L1-A blanket interview very soon. I'm very concerned about the high rejection rates for the same. My wife also has a job offer for US transfer from her current organization. I was just wondering, if applying with spouse as dependent (L2) in any way improves one's chances of getting the blanket visa approved.

It's just a hunch, but I have a feeling that when the visa officer is on the fence about the decision, he/she would be more likely to favor a married couple as opposed to a single person. Is there any merit to this hypothesis?

Originally posted by piyush_888 View Post
    Hi,

I'm going for an L1-A blanket interview very soon. I'm very concerned about the high rejection rates for the same. My wife also has a job offer for US transfer from her current organization. I was just wondering, if applying with spouse as dependent (L2) in any way improves one's chances of getting the blanket visa approved.

It's just a hunch, but I have a feeling that when the visa officer is on the fence about the decision, he/she would be more likely to favor a married couple as opposed to a single person. Is there any merit to this hypothesis?
    No.
    No.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

I do not think officer's decision will anyway be influenced by whether you are married or not.

Also there is no way for him to know if your wife has opportunity for intra company transfer , and even if he does it has nothing to do with your application.

if she gets L2 , she can work in US , thats the good part

Good luck .

sachin

Comment

Originally posted by piyush_888 View Post
        Hi,

It holds true up-to some extend for B1 visa, but not for L1.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X