Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160 - L1 Visa Extension

Hi,

In lieu of waiting for a reply from my husbands employers lawyer which seems to take 3 days at least. I thought I would ask what your experience of this was as i'm looking for advice.

We have been living in the US for the last 2 and a bit years and are in the process of extending our L1 / L2 Visas for another 2 years.

We have been advised that it's quicker to do this by going to a consulate outside of the US. We live in Chicago so Toronto seems closest.

The lawyer sent us details to complete the DS160 online form again, I remember this being long winded from last time but quite a few details have changed.

I've got to the section on Travel. It's asking for intended date of travel. Which i'm not sure how to complete seen as we are already here?

Any clues?

Thanks

Jen

Okay, i've just had a brain wave.

Maybe the intended date of travel would be or should be when we intend to return after the consulate appointment.......................

Comment

If you are thinking to go to Canada only for Visa, then check again - you don't really have to.

I means if your extension is approved, you'll get an renewed petition along with new I94 & you can continue to stay in States without a new visa.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X