Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A extension questions around dates and timing

Hello

I just got a job in the US and also recently got an L1 visa for me to go there. So far so good, but there is a question to do with some dates which I'm wondering if they may cause some problems down the line for me. See, I understand that to enter I would need 1 years experience in the last 3 years from a foreign office. Long story short, we made the L1 application with my intended start date being February, the last month which would give me 1 in the last 3 years experience. However, now that I've got the visa, I will only be able to start my job in the USA in May, as I would need to serve 3 months notice at my current job. As such, I am just wondering, if I'm to actually start my employment in May instead of February, may that cause some problems down the line when I would like to obtain an extension on the visa?

Originally posted by wuchi View Post
    Hello

I just got a job in the US and also recently got an L1 visa for me to go there. So far so good, but there is a question to do with some dates which I'm wondering if they may cause some problems down the line for me. See, I understand that to enter I would need 1 years experience in the last 3 years from a foreign office. Long story short, we made the L1 application with my intended start date being February, the last month which would give me 1 in the last 3 years experience. However, now that I've got the visa, I will only be able to start my job in the USA in May, as I would need to serve 3 months notice at my current job. As such, I am just wondering, if I'm to actually start my employment in May instead of February, may that cause some problems down the line when I would like to obtain an extension on the visa?
    No problem at all. Ensure you do not travel to USA on that visa before May.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      No problem at all. Ensure you do not travel to USA on that visa before May.
      Thanks a lot mate. I appreciate the response. It's quite calming to the nerves.

Comment

my visa was valid from april and i moved to the US in july (2015)
        I actually went househunting in may and used my l1b visa to enter the country.
        Was there for a week, then left and came back in july to start my job.
        No problem there, only thing to keep in mind your visa is valid from the start date of the visa, not the start date of your job.
        This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
        122017 - PD
        012518 - Biometrics
        033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
        062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
        082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
        090418 - 2nd we scheduled
        091018 - first interview canceled
        092118 - Request to reschedule int
        102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
        030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand