Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B and L2 eAD

HI

I want to understand the process of these both visas and options. My husband is on L1B and we are in US since May 2016. His company has started the GC process and we still have about 3 and half yrs left as per 5yrs L1b visa. there will be extension next year in Jan 2019. We have visa till 2021 so no stamping required,petition is to be extended.

As we already are given 5 yr visa, Will L1B extension done easily?
    My concern is can we file I140 and 485 concurrently? We are Indian citizens.
    If not what are the options for us to stay beyond 5 yrs. apart from H1B transfer and L1A is not possible cause of this non managerial profile.
    Will the GC process be going on though we are not in US? the company will keep the GC application alive.

for L2 EAD

I have started my own business here in US and registered as per law.
    What happens if my EAD is up for renewal and there is a gap of maybe 1 month, will I have to close my business?

Thanks all I will really appreciate your replies.
    Last edited by USvisaseek; 02-12-2018, 01:00 PM.

Pls help

Someone pls reply. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Raghavi or Libra pls reply...

Comment

Originally posted by USvisaseek View Post
      As we already are given 5 yr visa, Will L1B extension done easily?
      Chances are high
      My concern is can we file I140 and 485 concurrently? We are Indian citizens.
      You can file it concurrently under EB1, if you are eligible & your company agrees to do so.
      If not what are the options for us to stay beyond 5 yrs. apart from H1B transfer and L1A is not possible cause of this non managerial profile.
      Switch to H1B
      Will the GC process be going on though we are not in US? the company will keep the GC application alive.
      Yes, GC is for future employment. If your company wants, they can keep the process live even if you are not in States.
      for L2 EAD

I have started my own business here in US and registered as per law.
      What happens if my EAD is up for renewal and there is a gap of maybe 1 month, will I have to close my business?
      You'll need hire someone to work on your behalf - business can continue, but you cannot.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Green card question

Hi Libra

As mentioned in my query GC process can stay alive even if i am not in India right? So how is this process done don?t i have to be in US once my priority date becomes current and also when AOS is done?

Will appreciate your reply. Thanks

Comment

Hi Libra

As mentioned in my query GC process can stay alive even if i am not in Usa right? So how is this process done ? don?t i have to be in US once my priority date becomes current and also when AOS is done? How does this work exactly?

Will appreciate your reply. Thanks in advance

Comment

Pls reply

Hi

Request to pls answer my query

Comment

Yes. Stamping will not be required if u don't travel out of country. But, after extension if u visit India or any other country, u will need to go for stamping.

Second, regarding 5 years cap - you will need to stay out of country for one year. There is no work around for this. Unless you have transferred to H1B and u have a approved I140 which will give u ead.

For your business, depending on size of your firm you may see if B1 applies for your case and you might want to hand over operations to someone till u become eligible again.

However, if u have any vacation days in these 5 years which were spent out of USA then those days could be added to ur existing visa (pre maxout) and u will be able to apply another extension for those days.

Hope it helps!

Hi

Request to pls answer my query

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X