Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel periodically to Canada to work while on L2 (Awaiting EAD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel periodically to Canada to work while on L2 (Awaiting EAD)

Due to the long waits on EAD applications, I am wondering if it's possible for me to go back to Canada for a few days to work while I wait for my my EAD?

I have obligations to a company I started in Canada, which I have left in Canada, and severed financial ties to it, until I can legally work in the USA.

Is it possible for me to return to Canada and work for a week here and there while I await my EAD?

Thanks for any help offered. I am aware I should contact an attorney, and I will be, but as we just arrived and just opened bank accounts, we don't have the money here yet to do it as we are still transferring assets down here.

Originally posted by USEH View Post
    Due to the long waits on EAD applications, I am wondering if it's possible for me to go back to Canada for a few days to work while I wait for my my EAD?

I have obligations to a company I started in Canada, which I have left in Canada, and severed financial ties to it, until I can legally work in the USA.

Is it possible for me to return to Canada and work for a week here and there while I await my EAD?

Thanks for any help offered. I am aware I should contact an attorney, and I will be, but as we just arrived and just opened bank accounts, we don't have the money here yet to do it as we are still transferring assets down here.
    Yes. You are not under any restrictions for a status in the US when you are not in the US.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Yes. You are not under any restrictions for a status in the US when you are not in the US.
      Thanks!

Comment

Great. Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X