Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1b visa extension under premium and EAD renewal

Hi fellow members

I am on a L1b blanket Visa that is expiring the first 3 years term in July and my wife is working on a L2 EAD with the same end date. My company is ready to file my extension petition under premium. My question was, if they file my wife's EAD petition along with the L1b extension that is in premium, will the consider EAD application also with the same priority?

Also, they had given me a choice of whether blanket renewal or individual processing. Which one should i go for?

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Abraham

Originally posted by abrahams View Post
    Hi fellow members

I am on a L1b blanket Visa that is expiring the first 3 years term in July and my wife is working on a L2 EAD with the same end date. My company is ready to file my extension petition under premium. My question was, if they file my wife's EAD petition along with the L1b extension that is in premium, will the consider EAD application also with the same priority?

Also, they had given me a choice of whether blanket renewal or individual processing. Which one should i go for?

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Abraham

Hi -

I was in a similar situation and applied for my EAD alongwith my spouse's L1A extension and my L2. Surprisingly, my EAD was the first one to get approved and I got it within 10 working days. Next my spouse's L1A petition was approved. My L2 extension is still pending for a decision since last 4 months though.

Comment

Not sure of the 1st question.

For 2nd question (Assuming you are in India, because you cannot get the blanket done from US).
      L1B Extension (Individual L1B) is comparatively much tougher than the Blanket L1B you would have got approved from India earlier.
      Documentation to prove Specialized skills varies from Patents, white papers, etc. Based on the nature of your profile and past experience in your specialized skills, you should be able to gauge your confidence in applying individual L1B Extension.

Given the extensive grilling in the case of Individual L1B, I am not sure why your company gave you the option of Individual L1B. Check with them again on Why !
      L1B Blanket may be considered as a safer option given the chances of approval.
      Ask you company to check with the Attorney on your case specific details and come out with an educated preference.

And in worst case of Individual L1B denial, their would be a cool off period before you attempt L1B Blanket. Don't plan in a hurry, take advice from attorneys that your company would hire.

This is not a legal advice. Just a personal opinion

NS.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X