Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to L1A Reclassification

Hi,

My Organization is planning to file for my L1B reclassification to L1A. I had been on a managerial designation outside US for over 5 years. however, when I moved in to US, I was an individual Contributor. I was on L1B for 3 years and now they plan to reclassify to L1A with few FTE reporting to me. Couple of the question I had in mind, where-in I need your expert advice:-

Role Change:-

1. Once the reclassification is filed from B to A, can I change my role or move to another department ( again with people reporting to me) . Reason :- Due to Org change or better opportunity within the organization. Does that go against what was filed when I was in my previous role? Do I need to be on the same role till we receive a response from USCIS ? If an RFE comes, will my role change will call for a rejection or reapplication?

Reporting Structure:-

2. What difference does it make to the case, if I have 10 Analysts reporting to me VS 5 higher band level ( VP ) associates reporting with niche skills. Does your role holds much importance if you are 1 down to an Executive Vs 2 down in the org structure? How does USCIS looks at this? ( I know there is no definite response to how USCIS reviews it, but would like to get your thoughts before I take a decision).

Regards
    SN
    Last edited by SantoshNair; 03-07-2018, 05:34 PM.

1. Once the reclassification is filed from B to A, can I change my role or move to another department ( again with people reporting to me) . Reason :- Due to Org change or better opportunity within the organization. Does that go against what was filed when I was in my previous role? Do I need to be on the same role till we receive a response from USCIS ?
    >> YES Stay on same role until reclassification is approved

If an RFE comes, will my role change will call for a rejection or reapplication?
    >> if you change Role and RFE ask for more evidences which sometime require screenshot of system ( org chart, salary details of reports etc ) you wiill unnecessarily have to struggle .
    Better stay safe let the approval come and then change the role

( this is not legal advice though )

Comment

Hi Santosh , i am in the exact same position as you are. Please let me know how things worked out for you.

Thanks !!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X