Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Extension with Expiring L2 in 8 months, L1 Valid until 2020

Hi,

I need some inputs in making the right decision.

Here is my situation:

I am on L1B Visa and spouse is on L2 Dependent(with EAD). My L1B(expiring April 2018) was renewed during Feb 2018(renewed until 2020 with new petition number), however my L2 dependents visa is yet to be extended, currently the PED on their L2 is Oct 2018 and is referencing my old petition number.

Here are the few questions related to options I am exploring:

My spouse current employer is ready to sponsor her H1B this year. However with her current L2/EAD, she is authorized to work until Jun 2018.

Q1. Is it recommended to renew my spouse L2 before filing for H1B during April 2018, as the decision for L2 extension would take anywhere close to 4-6 months. However I am confirmed I would just receive a filing confirmation before April 2018
    Q2. Is it recommended to wait until H1B lottery results are announced and then proceed with EAD/L2 extension to cover my spouse work authorization between Jun 2018 - Oct 2018
    Q3. Is there an option to just proceed with EAD extension right away without extending the L2 and before H1B is filed in April 2018. Assuming the current L2 with old petition valid until Oct 2018, is still legal and work authorized

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best Regards,
    Maddy

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X