Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing work location after coming on L1A

Hello All,

My employer filled for my L1A and it got approved. I landed in US last month on my L1 individual.

My initial plan was to stay in Bay area, CA and my petition was filed for San Francisco , california.
    But given my work commitments (and finances) I decided to be in Dallas, Tx.

We dont have an office in Dallas yet, but my firm plans to set one up in coming month or so.

Here are my two questions:
    1) Do i need lawyers to change this and re-file documents ? There is a simple - change of address AR11 form which is online but I am not sure if this is as simple as that.

2) What do i need to fill on my W4 tax return form to avoid any state taxes ?

Thanks

Originally posted by HGupta12 View Post
    1) Do i need lawyers to change this and re-file documents ? There is a simple - change of address AR11 form which is online but I am not sure if this is as simple as that.
    No need of lawyer. But yes, changing your address is good.

Originally posted by HGupta12 View Post
    2) What do i need to fill on my W4 tax return form to avoid any state taxes ?
    Do not avoid any taxes - stay truthful.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

It will be a super problem if caught during audits or while you plan to extend your visa in the future. Please check for formalities.

Comment

I am in same problem. I am US for last 1 year on L1B. And now planning to change the location with same employer. Is this possible?

Regards,
        Kaustubh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X