L1B Visa Application when B1 Visa got cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Visa Application when B1 Visa got cancelled

I had a B1 Visa but while applying for the B2 Visa of my son, my B1 was cancelled (there is a Cancelled stamp on the Visa) because of some misunderstanding. I did my level best to convince the counseller but she was unmoved. She suggested that I was working during my stay of 8 weeks in the previous visit. This happened in Nov 2017.
    Now my company wants to apply for a L1B Visa. Could someone please advise if this would be the right thing to do. What are the chances of success if I apply for an L1 right now (its been 4 months and by the time this process is intiated, it would be 5 to 5.5 months).
    I am really confused as to whether should I proceed with this option or should I wait ?
    Whether my previous experience is going to have any bearing on the L1B processing ?

Kindly advise.

Originally posted by ameya.verma View Post
    I had a B1 Visa but while applying for the B2 Visa of my son, my B1 was cancelled (there is a Cancelled stamp on the Visa) because of some misunderstanding. I did my level best to convince the counseller but she was unmoved. She suggested that I was working during my stay of 8 weeks in the previous visit. This happened in Nov 2017.
    Now my company wants to apply for a L1B Visa. Could someone please advise if this would be the right thing to do. What are the chances of success if I apply for an L1 right now (its been 4 months and by the time this process is intiated, it would be 5 to 5.5 months).
    I am really confused as to whether should I proceed with this option or should I wait ?
    Whether my previous experience is going to have any bearing on the L1B processing ?

Kindly advise.
    Both application will be treated on its own merits - B1 rejection doesn't have anything to do with your L1 petition.

On the other note, try to do L1B individual petition.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X