Second L-2 stay: EAD Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second L-2 stay: EAD Application

Has anyone else been in this situation? Nobody (including USCIS) seems to be able to advise on how to complete the i765.

- Lived in US on an L2 visa from 2015 to 2016, filed i765 and held an EAD card
    - Left US in 2016 when visa expired (spouse on L1 quit his job)
    - Returned to US in 2018 on a new L2 (spouse on a different L1 from a new employer)
    - EAD card and paperwork from previous application in 2015 has been lost, and the card would have been expired anyway

Is this a fresh application for an EAD, or a 'Renewal' given it is in the same category?
    How can I answer Q15 on the i765 when I don't know the office that handled my 2015 application and I don't have any evidence of the previous card?

Originally posted by Globetrotter_90 View Post
    Has anyone else been in this situation? Nobody (including USCIS) seems to be able to advise on how to complete the i765.

- Lived in US on an L2 visa from 2015 to 2016, filed i765 and held an EAD card
    - Left US in 2016 when visa expired (spouse on L1 quit his job)
    - Returned to US in 2018 on a new L2 (spouse on a different L1 from a new employer)
    - EAD card and paperwork from previous application in 2015 has been lost, and the card would have been expired anyway

Is this a fresh application for an EAD, or a 'Renewal' given it is in the same category?
    How can I answer Q15 on the i765 when I don't know the office that handled my 2015 application and I don't have any evidence of the previous card?
    File it as renewal.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X