Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-1A Petition

Hi,

I was having B-1 visa. My previous employer applied for L-1A petition and it got approved the validity of which is 3 Years, I went for L-1A visa stamping in September 2016 to Mumbai consulate and consulate officer cancelled my B-1 visa. After that I resigned from that company.

Is the L-1A petition still valid if I join the previous company again?
    As the petition validity is not over, is it okay to join the previous company and apply for L-1A visa?

I dont quite follow but the L1 visa is for intra company transfer and will only allow you to work for the company that petitioned for you.
    This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
    122017 - PD
    012518 - Biometrics
    033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
    062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
    082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
    090418 - 2nd we scheduled
    091018 - first interview canceled
    092118 - Request to reschedule int
    102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
    030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
    040219 - We canceled your int
    040519 - Int sched
    051419 - Interview
    053119 - approved

Comment

Originally posted by boogiewoogie View Post
      I dont quite follow but the L1 visa is for intra company transfer and will only allow you to work for the company that petitioned for you.
      Yes, I understand that L1 visa is for intracompany transfer. I have to explain the whole scenario:

I was working for ABC organization, ABC organization filed L-1A petition and it got approved in September 2016, I went for L-1A visa stamping and there the consulate officer requested me to submit few more supporting documents via e-mail.
      I informed the organization about the documents that were required to be submitted and the procedure was taking a bit time, so I quit my job and resigned from ABC organization and joined XYZ organization.
      As the petition is still valid (validity is of 3 years) so if I rejoin ABC organization then can the same petition be used for L-1A visa interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X