Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Extension in Vancouver, BC, Canada for Indian Citizen

Hi All,

I would like to share my experience of L1B Visa Extension in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

I am an Indian Citizen and hence came to USA by clearing first L1B interview in India. For L1B Extension, you can either do Lockbox by staying in USA, which has high chances of RFEs and rejection or go to any foreign country US Consulate physically and clear the Visa Interview.

I selected Canada's vancouver US Consulate but as an Indian citizen, we need Canada Visitor visa to enter that country. Canada visitor visa is very simple but 3 to 4 weeks process.
    - Submit the online application including a photo (you can use iOS/Andriod apps to take photoes)
    - Once the application is approved, send the passports for stamping (takes one week if you are lucky but expect more days)

Vancouver's US Consulate is a small office and they take appointments through website little different than that of India's US Consulates.
    - Scheduled the appointment for 1-May-2018
    - No mobile phones or watches i.e., no electronics and no backpacks/bags allowed inside
    - Windows 1 - Sorts documents. Said new process has come and only 2 sets of I-129s are required.
    - Window 2 - Fingerprints
    - Window 3 (Different floor i.e., Elevator to VO for Interview ) - Visa Officer, Redirects to Cashier Window if you need to pay $500 for Anti-Fraud etc.
    - Return to Window 3 after payment and
    - Actual Visa Interview starts

Q1 - How long you have been working for this company?
    Ans - YYYY years

Q2 - When did you start to this company in USA?
    Ans - ZZZ

Q3 - What are your specializations?
    Ans - A, B, C (Please make sure that you mention the same specializations as your first L1B Visa Interview).

Done. Visas approved and green form.
    Passports taken and I-129s forms signed but nothing returned at that time.

No questions on
    - why I am taking the interview in canada and why not in India?
    - how many years you need visa?

Passports came back in 3days. Though I selected pick-up location which is few meters away from US Consulate, passports are transported only through Canada Postal Service. Canada Postal takes everything to Richmond city and gets them back to Vancouver. If you need the passports a day before, you can choose Richmond pickup location.

One form of I-129s is sent back along with passports.

Regards,
    Pavan

Thanks for sharing your experience Pavan.

Can you please share when did you take appointment? We are looking for dates in May but do not find any available till August which will be too late for us. So wondering whether you took appointment months in advance?

Can you please share the site from where you scheduled the appointment?

Thanks.

Originally posted by pavany666666 View Post
    Hi All,

I would like to share my experience of L1B Visa Extension in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

I am an Indian Citizen and hence came to USA by clearing first L1B interview in India. For L1B Extension, you can either do Lockbox by staying in USA, which has high chances of RFEs and rejection or go to any foreign country US Consulate physically and clear the Visa Interview.

I selected Canada's vancouver US Consulate but as an Indian citizen, we need Canada Visitor visa to enter that country. Canada visitor visa is very simple but 3 to 4 weeks process.
    - Submit the online application including a photo (you can use iOS/Andriod apps to take photoes)
    - Once the application is approved, send the passports for stamping (takes one week if you are lucky but expect more days)

Vancouver's US Consulate is a small office and they take appointments through website little different than that of India's US Consulates.
    - No mobile phones or watches i.e., no electronics and no backpacks/bags allowed inside
    - Windows 1 - Sorts documents. Said new process has come and only 2 sets of I-129s are required.
    - Window 3 (Different floor i.e., Elevator to VO for Interview ) - Visa Officer, Redirects to Cashier Window if you need to pay $500 for Anti-Fraud etc.

Ans - YYYY years

Ans - ZZZ

Ans - A, B, C (Please make sure that you mention the same specializations as your first L1B Visa Interview).

No questions on

Passports came back in 3days. Though I selected pick-up location which is few meters away from US Consulate, passports are transported only through Canada Postal Service. Canada Postal takes everything to Richmond city and gets them back to Vancouver. If you need the passports a day before, you can choose Richmond pickup location.

Regards,
    Pavan

Comment

It was just 1 month Advance booking... Not much wait for Vancouver, canada US Consula

It was just 1 month wait for me. I booked appointment the 1st week of April and I got the slot for 1-May-2018.

Originally posted by BhaktiRJ View Post
      Thanks for sharing your experience Pavan.

Can you please share when did you take appointment? We are looking for dates in May but do not find any available till August which will be too late for us. So wondering whether you took appointment months in advance?

Can you please share the site from where you scheduled the appointment?

Thanks.

Comment

Can you share how you choosen Pickup location

[QUOTE=pavany666666;567446]It was just 1 month wait for me. I booked appointment the 1st week of April and I got the slot for 1-May-2018.

Thank you Pawan sharing your experience it helps.
        Please share how you choosen pickup location as we can't see any selection list , those are free text field. Do we have to specify the address from where we want to collect Passport.
        Can you paste address here that we all should choose.

Comment

Did you get I129S back from Visa Officer?

Hi Pavan,

Your information was very helpful. My visa got approved as today at Vancouver.
          However, I didn't get any I129S copy from Visa Officer.

Did you get any?

Thanks,
          Siva

Originally posted by pavany666666 View Post
          Hi All,

Ans - YYYY years

Ans - ZZZ

No questions on

Regards,
          Pavan

Comment

L1 B Questions?

Hi Siva,

Would you mind sharing your experience and the questions asked to you?

Originally posted by chaituthanneru View Post
            Hi Pavan,

Your information was very helpful. My visa got approved as today at Vancouver.
            However, I didn't get any I129S copy from Visa Officer.

Did you get any?

Thanks,
            Siva

Comment

Did you had L1B Individual and went for L1B blanket new stamping at Canada consulate?

Did you had L1B Individual and went for L1B blanket new stamping at Canada consulate? Please let me know..

Thank you in anticipation

Originally posted by meetramji View Post
              Hi Siva,

Would you mind sharing your experience and the questions asked to you?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X