Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2B Visa & EAD application procedure from abroad

Hello,

My wife and I will be moving to Ft. Lauderdale for my work and recently received our L1A and L2B Visas. Yay!

We?ve been working on the EAD / I-765 application for my wife, but have some questions that we couldn't get answered looking online.

The main issue is with question 14 of the application form (https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_f...pdf?download=1), concerning entering an 'alien registration number' or 'I-94'.
    The latter seems most common, but you only receive this upon entering the US.

We contacted a Dutch company 'specialized' in this and they said the I-94 is mandatory with the I-765 application. The application form makes it seem it's optional however (though you do seem to need to have a recent point of entry into the US).
    Alternatively the form makes it seem you can also substitute the I-94 with the 'alien registration number', but I can find little information about people who went for this option.
    Supposedly I should be able to find this number on my I-797 doc, but I couldn't find it on mine and neither on the VISA. Besides, since the I-797 form initially was just for me, I'm not sure if this would work for my wife.

The big question is: what is the correct and (likely) best way to go here?
    From what I read from other peoples experiences and success stories, it seems that my wife needs to enter the US, get the I-94 and use this to file the request (per post, seems to reduce chance of biometric request) while present, and can then leave the country again to wait in NL for the application to come through.
    Of course, if there's some way to do this without filing the I-94, so she can stay in NL during the whole process, that would be great.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X