Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A - Help

Dear Sir & Mam

Thanks to this forum for proper guidance .

I need help and proper guidance before my employer files L1A for me.

1) I was married and got divorced in 1 year .In my current employer my marital status I have declared as "Single" and in my passport the status is single .
    My question : As my marital status is marked as Single in both places , do I need to declare my status as divorce while filing DS160 ? If yes , please let me know the reason else what is the risk if I keep my status as single in DS160 .

2) My ex-spouse filed a false case against me i.e 498a . There was no arrest made nor I received any summon from court to appear, this has crossed more than 2 year.
    My question : While filing the DS160, do I need to mention any thing related to this ? As there was no arrest made nor convicted in this offence yet .
    What is the risk if I don't mention anything about this dispute .

I will be thankful if for your proper guidance here..

yours sincerely
    Bharat

Originally posted by bharatindian68 View Post
    Dear Sir & Mam

Thanks to this forum for proper guidance .

I need help and proper guidance before my employer files L1A for me.

1) I was married and got divorced in 1 year .In my current employer my marital status I have declared as "Single" and in my passport the status is single .
    My question : As my marital status is marked as Single in both places , do I need to declare my status as divorce while filing DS160 ? If yes , please let me know the reason else what is the risk if I keep my status as single in DS160 .

2) My ex-spouse filed a false case against me i.e 498a . There was no arrest made nor I received any summon from court to appear, this has crossed more than 2 year.
    My question : While filing the DS160, do I need to mention any thing related to this ? As there was no arrest made nor convicted in this offence yet .
    What is the risk if I don't mention anything about this dispute .

I will be thankful if for your proper guidance here..

yours sincerely
    Bharat
    1) I think you should mention that you are divorced, no need to mention **** marital status
    2) I would suggest that don't mention about it, because it's big deal.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X