Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for L1A received L1B

Hi,
    My company has processed for L1A (Blanket) however during the interview counsellor has changed it to L1B and informed me that my petition reflects that of L1B.
    Is there any possibility of me representing the case or can I refile the petition.
    Request the learned members of this forum to guide me way forward.

Bigtime disappointment.

Thanks in Advance
    Jai

Originally posted by jaisharmavb View Post
    Hi,
    My company has processed for L1A (Blanket) however during the interview counsellor has changed it to L1B and informed me that my petition reflects that of L1B.
    Is there any possibility of me representing the case or can I refile the petition.
    Request the learned members of this forum to guide me way forward.

Bigtime disappointment.

Thanks in Advance
    Jai
    So does it mean that you L-1B approved in L-1A petition or you got 221(G)? Normally when a person goes for L-1A, and if he's not suitable for this category, they suggest to go another category like L-1B by giving 221(G) slip and not give L-1B right there only. I see this is a very different and interesting case.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnupihu View Post
      So does it mean that you L-1B approved in L-1A petition or you got 221(G)? Normally when a person goes for L-1A, and if he's not suitable for this category, they suggest to go another category like L-1B by giving 221(G) slip and not give L-1B right there only. I see this is a very different and interesting case.
      Hi,
      Yes, I filed the petition for L1A and L1B got approved, there was no mention of 221(G), visa counsellor had informed me that I will fall under L1B (for my utter shock ) as all my colleagues who have same role and responsibilities were given L1A.
      He said ?Congratulations your Visa is Approved for L1B?. He kept our passports.

Rgds
      Jay

Comment

same issue here..

Originally posted by jaisharmavb View Post
        Hi,
        Yes, I filed the petition for L1A and L1B got approved, there was no mention of 221(G), visa counsellor had informed me that I will fall under L1B (for my utter shock ) as all my colleagues who have same role and responsibilities were given L1A.
        He said ?Congratulations your Visa is Approved for L1B?. He kept our passports.

Rgds
        Jay
        Hello all, I have a similar situation like Jay. My company had me go for Blanket L1A visa interview however after the interview VO said that your visas are approved but in L1B.
        I checked with my law firm about this and they said they haven't seen such case before and generally the petition is rejected if ineligible for L1A.

Now they are concerned with me travelling on L1-B with documentation (I-129S) of L1-A. I wanted to ask if there would be any problem at POE as I am planning to travel on 12th of July?
        If the officer at POE asks for the discrepency in I-129S application and visa stamping what should be the justification?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
        Dushyant
        Last edited by scorpion79; 06-27-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Congratulations for getting a visa. Go for it. Forget about L1A if they already judge this is not a petition for a L1A. Unless there is a change in your current role outside US and also in the new one.

No issues in the POE as they will see your 129S and not the details of your process. You have already a visa - it was approved - if you show you are coming to work in that job, in that company, there will be no issues.

The paperwork will have the X in the specialized knowledge - this is all what matters for them.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X