Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for L1 Visa post company acquisition

hi,

I have a query regarding L1 Visa application.
    I am currently in India and the company i have been working in (since 7 years) have been acquired by a U.S. Based company.
    I know that to be eligible for a L1 Visa one needs to be working in the company for 1 year. My question is after the acquisition is done, do i need to wait for one more year or my years of service in the current company will be counted. In the later case, I can then apply for the Visa immediately after i become an employee of the new company.

thanks and cheers

Similar situation here -

Originally posted by wasworld View Post
    hi,

I have a query regarding L1 Visa application.
    I am currently in India and the company i have been working in (since 7 years) have been acquired by a U.S. Based company.
    I know that to be eligible for a L1 Visa one needs to be working in the company for 1 year. My question is after the acquisition is done, do i need to wait for one more year or my years of service in the current company will be counted. In the later case, I can then apply for the Visa immediately after i become an employee of the new company.

thanks and cheers
    Even I'm in the same situation. I have been with an US based company abc for ~3 years and it was acquired by another US based company. I became employee of the new company on June 1st 2018. Official date of joining the new company is June 1st 2018. Do I need to wait until I complete 1 year in the new company ? will be it be ok if the new company produces enough evidence that I was part of earlier company for ~3 years. Would appreciate the response from some one who has been/handled such situations.

Thanks.

Comment

Both of you an apply for your L1 visa - just ensure to carry proof of acquisition on your interview.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
        Both of you an apply for your L1 visa - just ensure to carry proof of acquisition on your interview.
        I think this depends upon petition number(blanket) , if same u can apply

Comment

Originally posted by typical18 View Post
          I think this depends upon petition number(blanket) , if same u can apply
          Yes, you can apply same petition number.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
            Yes, you can apply same petition number.
            In my case, old company did not apply for visa before. It's a fresh application by the new employer. Do I need to wait for 1yr before applying ? Producing evidence to show that old company was acquired by new company would suffice ?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by megg123 View Post
              In my case, old company did not apply for visa before. It's a fresh application by the new employer. Do I need to wait for 1yr before applying ? Producing evidence to show that old company was acquired by new company would suffice ?

Thanks.
              no you can apply immediately, but be ready to furnish proof that an acquisition was made of your company so that they know you've been with them for xxx amount of years
              This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X