Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can L2 with valid EAD work for US firm from India while L1 is in India

Hi,

My situation is bit complex. I am on L2 Visa with valid EAD and my spouse is on L1B. She has to go back to India as her project is coming to an end. she will search for projects and come back to the US once she finds a suitable role. We both have 1 more year of I-94 validity and my EAD is also valid for one more year.

1) Can I go back to India with her and continue my US job from India for as long as my EAD and I-94 are valid?
    My wife will still be employed in India with the same company and her L1B will not be revoked.

2) once she is back to US, can I continue my work as it is or do I need a new EAD?

Thanks.

curious when does your spouses' visa expire?
    i think if visa has expired and only 1-94 is valid, once u leave the country, loggia u may not be able to continue employment with your employer. ur situation is indeed tricky as normally i will suggest "talk to your employers visa department" and in this case u may not want to talk to them!

Comment

Originally posted by marketfile333 View Post
      Hi,

My situation is bit complex. I am on L2 Visa with valid EAD and my spouse is on L1B. She has to go back to India as her project is coming to an end. she will search for projects and come back to the US once she finds a suitable role. We both have 1 more year of I-94 validity and my EAD is also valid for one more year.

1) Can I go back to India with her and continue my US job from India for as long as my EAD and I-94 are valid?
      My wife will still be employed in India with the same company and her L1B will not be revoked.

2) once she is back to US, can I continue my work as it is or do I need a new EAD?

Thanks.
      1) Your visa status is only as long as you are on US soil. Once you leave the US, you will not have any status. Hence your question is not relevant. Whether you can work or not is between you and your employer. USCIS has no jurisdiction.
      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

If the primary applicant is going back (resigning from USA & joining subsidiary company) & not getting paid in USD for that duration - this makes a pause on her L1B visa status.

Being an dependent you'll also loose your L2 status. So you cannot work during that time.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X