Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1 B expires on this month and i have valie I 94-til 2021, can i stay and work in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 B expires on this month and i have valie I 94-til 2021, can i stay and work in US

Hi
    I got my L1 b stamped in India on 24 sept 2015 but I got chance 1 month back and came to US , now I am in US on L1 B and my visa is going to expire on 23 sept 2018 but I got valid I 94 till 2021 , can I stay in US for work on Expired L1b visa with valid I 94 for next few months.
    Last edited by mranupmohan; 09-03-2018, 11:03 PM.

Originally posted by mranupmohan View Post
    Hi
    I got my L1 b stamped in India on 24 sept 2015 but I got chance 1 month back and came to US , now I am in US on L1 B and my visa is going to expire on 23 sept 2018 but I got valid I 94 till 2021 , can I stay in US for work on Expired L1b visa with valid I 94 for next few months.
    So Visa is only for your "entry" into USA - you can continue to stay in USA without a valid visa.
    I94 determines your date of exiting from USA - you cannot stay after the I94 date of expiry.
    Petition defines your ability to work - you cannot work & get paid without an valid petition.

Since your visa is expired, but you are already inside USA - no need to worry.
    Since your I94 is valid till 2021 - no need to worry, either leave the country or submit renewal application before 2021
    Ensure your petition is valid for the time you working in USA.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      So Visa is only for your "entry" into USA - you can continue to stay in USA without a valid visa.
      I94 determines your date of exiting from USA - you cannot stay after the I94 date of expiry.
      Petition defines your ability to work - you cannot work & get paid without an valid petition.

Since your visa is expired, but you are already inside USA - no need to worry.
      Since your I94 is valid till 2021 - no need to worry, either leave the country or submit renewal application before 2021
      Ensure your petition is valid for the time you working in USA.
      Hi during my L1 B Interview I had Form I 129 S,Nonimmigrant petition which has same expiry date as 22 sept 2018, is this petition or is it related with company Blanket petition , because my petition was under Blanket L petition of company

Comment

Originally posted by mranupmohan View Post
        Hi during my L1 B Interview I had Form I 129 S,Nonimmigrant petition which has same expiry date as 22 sept 2018, is this petition or is it related with company Blanket petition , because my petition was under Blanket L petition of company
        Yes.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X