• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of L1A Individual approval after L1A Blanket rejection

Hello Experts,

Can you please help me answer the doubts which I have stated below:

Some History about my previous US travel and VISA experiences:

============================================================ ============================================================ ====
    1. Traveled to US on L1B Blanket with my previous employer and stayed in US from 2008-2010, almost fully utilizing L1B Blanket that time, didn't apply for extension but came back to India.
    2. Switched employed in India in 2011.
    3. New Employer (much reputed MNC and has significant presence in US too) applied for L1B Individual petition in 2014, got it approved and VISA stamped in FEB 2014. Approval was until JAN 2017
    4. But unfortunately never traveled on this approved L1B Individual VISA. Question: Can this impact future L1 VISA petitions?
    5. Organization applied for extension in DEC 2016 but Organization Immigration attorney said Extension can't be filed as I never traveled on my L1B Individual approved VISA.
    6. Organization filed fresh L1B Individual petition under PP in MAY-2017, received RFE in AUG-2017 and it was rejected in SEP-2017. I got promoted as Manager and also responsibilities increased including most of Managerial duties qualifying L1A.
    7. Organization proceeded ahead with L1A Blanket in OCT-2017 and I went for its interview in Chennai in FEB-2018. It didn't get approved in interview with VO, I stuck with all the information mentioned in I129S but VO asked to intervene one of the senior (possible) VO and was taking her opinion and finally handed over Form 221g stating not clearly approvable under L1A Blanket and I can apply in other category.
    8. Now, Organization has started L1A Individual petition under PP and it's still not filed with USCIS. Process has just started with Organization Attorney and they have collected all necessary information like Docs, Payslips, Org Charts (India & US) etc. I expect it might be filed with USCIS by this month (OCT) end.
    ============================================================ ============================================================ ====

Questions I have for experts:

1. Since, I never traveled on approved and stamped L1B Individual VISA with current organization, could it impact all future petitions/VO decisions?
    2. Since, my L1B Individual petition (SEP-2017) followed by L1A Blanket got rejected in FEB-2018 in Consulate Interview, What are the chances of my L1A Individual petition approval which will be filed with USCIS now? Could earlier denials mentioned above have any impact?
    3. I have strong profile and role in both the jobs i.e. current in India and proposed assignment in the US, hence having high number of reportees (50+ in India & 40+ in the US). Would that create any problem? I have read some forums mentioning this can create suspicion but that's reality which I have. In my current role in India, I report to a Director and in US I will report to a Director too.
    4. If I receive RFE for current L1A Individual petition, then what are the chances of that getting approved based on earlier denials?

Please help me answering these questions.

Thanks.

Originally posted by sidoracle7 View Post
    1. Since, I never traveled on approved and stamped L1B Individual VISA with current organization, could it impact all future petitions/VO decisions?
    Not using an visa is not at all a negative sign in any way. Rather in other way, its a good sign that you had approval, had visa, but did not misuse it.

2. Since, my L1B Individual petition (SEP-2017) followed by L1A Blanket got rejected in FEB-2018 in Consulate Interview, What are the chances of my L1A Individual petition approval which will be filed with USCIS now? Could earlier denials mentioned above have any impact?
    Now a days blanket application they reject even on an iota of doubt. That denial itself does not impact your future applications. You still have high chances for L1A individual.

However if your earlier denial was because of some issue with your profile, ofcourse it will impact all your future applications as well (for example, you misrepresented something in your application earlier, or any criminal activities from your side etc).

3. I have strong profile and role in both the jobs i.e. current in India and proposed assignment in the US, hence having high number of reportees (50+ in India & 40+ in the US). Would that create any problem? I have read some forums mentioning this can create suspicion but that's reality which I have. In my current role in India, I report to a Director and in US I will report to a Director too.
    High number of reportees are infact better. Thats how the executives of companies get the visa.

However reporting to a director seems doubtful to me. Depending on the size of your company & your hierarchy, the answer may vary. Please share more details or consult an attorney.

4. If I receive RFE for current L1A Individual petition, then what are the chances of that getting approved based on earlier denials?
    I take RFE as a positive sign - it means they are not denying your application, rather re-confirming few things (they don't want you to loose the visa).

Remember they can straight away reject the petition & are not answerable to anyone for that. So RFE is still better.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Not using an visa is not at all a negative sign in any way. Rather in other way, its a good sign that you had approval, had visa, but did not misuse it.

Thanks Libra for your all your responses.

Now a days blanket application they reject even on an iota of doubt. That denial itself does not impact your future applications. You still have high chances for L1A individual.

However if your earlier denial was because of some issue with your profile, ofcourse it will impact all your future applications as well (for example, you misrepresented something in your application earlier, or any criminal activities from your side etc).

Nothing of that sort I believe. :-)

High number of reportees are infact better. Thats how the executives of companies get the visa.

However reporting to a director seems doubtful to me. Depending on the size of your company & your hierarchy, the answer may vary. Please share more details or consult an attorney.

I know but that's reality. There is no Senior Manager involved in between me and Managing Director and that's the fact in both the places. India and US as well.

I take RFE as a positive sign - it means they are not denying your application, rather re-confirming few things (they don't want you to loose the visa).

Remember they can straight away reject the petition & are not answerable to anyone for that. So RFE is still better.
      I am hoping to receive approval for petition and VISA both.

Thanks for all your responses Libra_14, appreciate it.

Comment

I am hoping to receive approval for petition and VISA both.

Thanks for all your responses Libra_14, appreciate it.
        Best of luck !! And please share your experience once you get your petition & visa.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi. my l1a blanket was denied with white form 221g. The VO said this was because my direct reports are based in Europe, and not in USA. No documents were requested in 221g.
          questions:
          - are direct reports in USA a requirement for L1a? my direct reports are in Europe and India- will this be a problem?
          - what are the chances that individual l1a will be approved?
          - what does it mean that white form 221g says 'nothing needed' in whether additional documents are needed? does it mean there is nothing i can submit to change the status? zz0.eajk7g4oz1uzz

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X