Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need UK transit Visa when traveling from India to US on an L1 Visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need UK transit Visa when traveling from India to US on an L1 Visa?

Hi

I am going to travel from Delhi to New York via London Heathrow and likely change terminals (3 to 4 I think) in London, in November. Most likely I would go through Border Patrol (checking with airline)

I am on an L1 Visa currently working in New York.

Would this require a UK transit visa? The UK Gov website seems to indicate I 'might' not, but is not clear: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/i...where_else/yes

Any suggestions super helpful.

Regards
    Vineet

Originally posted by Vineet Kumar View Post
    Hi

I am going to travel from Delhi to New York via London Heathrow and likely change terminals (3 to 4 I think) in London, in November. Most likely I would go through Border Patrol (checking with airline)

I am on an L1 Visa currently working in New York.

Would this require a UK transit visa? The UK Gov website seems to indicate I 'might' not, but is not clear: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/i...where_else/yes

Any suggestions super helpful.

Regards
    Vineet
    I've flown with British Airways multiple times from India to USA & only a valid US visa is what they ask for.

Between terminals of Heathrow, you have two options to travel - first to use the free shuttle (you don't need UK visa) & second to use the London Oyster card or outside commute (you'll need UK visa to use this).

Since you are changing plane in Heathrow, I guess you too will be flying with British Airways. So you won't need UK visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

If you want to come out of terminal then you need transit visa. Also the minimum overlay should be around 6 hours to get a transit visa, otherwise you don't need transit visa, just to change terminal.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X