L1A Blanket stamping, holding valid H1B with same employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A Blanket stamping, holding valid H1B with same employer

I am currently working in Canada and have a H1B visa stamped on my passport which is valid until Dec 2019. My employer wants me to apply for L1A Blanket visa.

My questions are:
    1) Will it be a problem for L1A?
    2) Will be VO cancel my H1B irrespective of L1A decision outcome during visa interview if I go for L1A Blanket stamping in Canada.

I got multiple references online but not from anyone having been in same situation. Some says having multiple visa of different categories is allowed some says the VO cancels it sometimes at his discretion.

Appreciate any help...

Originally posted by fun_2018 View Post
    I am currently working in Canada and have a H1B visa stamped on my passport which is valid until Dec 2019. My employer wants me to apply for L1A Blanket visa.

My questions are:
    1) Will it be a problem for L1A?
    2) Will be VO cancel my H1B irrespective of L1A decision outcome during visa interview if I go for L1A Blanket stamping in Canada.

I got multiple references online but not from anyone having been in same situation. Some says having multiple visa of different categories is allowed some says the VO cancels it sometimes at his discretion.

Appreciate any help...
    Who sponsored you for H1? Is this the same company?

L1A visa application won't have any impact of your current visas.

During your L1 visa interview, VO will definitely ask you that if you are still intended to join H1B sponsor:
    - if you say "yes", chances that he will reject your L1
    - if you say "no", he will surely cancel H1 with mark "Cancel H1 w/o prejudice"
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

It's the same employer. Only diff is I am trying for L1A for the same employer with whom I already have H1B.

Comment

It's the same employer. Only diff is I am trying for L1A for the same employer with whom I already have H1B.
        Then it won't be a problem. Go ahead.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Does having unexpired h1 with same employer already will make it tough or easy to get L1A blanket? Haven't found anyone with similar situation.

Comment

Does having unexpired h1 with same employer already will make it tough or easy to get L1A blanket? Haven't found anyone with similar situation.
            Did you used that H1 to "work" in USA ?

Comment

Yes, I worked in US for 7+ years before moving to Canada for a project. Now m applying for L1A before returning back to US.

Comment

As I mentioned earlier, L1A visa application won't have any impact of your current visas. Go ahead.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X