Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B extension and change of status process

Hi Everyone,

I have a valid L1B visa till December 2018 and in progress of filing an extension. My I-94, PED and Visa end date are expiring on same date in Decemeber 2018.

My husband has his valid H1B till August 2019.

Can someone advise on the following?

1) If i want to file for H4 COS before my I-94 expire in December 2018, by when should i start COS process.
    2) If i opt to file for COS before Dec 2018, then from when would my period of authorized stay begin,

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by forumuser2018 View Post
    1) If i want to file for H4 COS before my I-94 expire in December 2018, by when should i start COS process.
    To switch to H4, your husband need to first switch to H1. You can file for COS anytime before the last day of your I94 expiry (before a month preferred).

2) If i opt to file for COS before Dec 2018, then from when would my period of authorized stay begin,
    Your authorized stay would begin as soon as you have receipt number of the COS.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      To switch to H4, your husband need to first switch to H1. You can file for COS anytime before the last day of your I94 expiry (before a month preferred).

Your authorized stay would begin as soon as you have receipt number of the COS.

Thank you and appreciate your response.

My company has recently stopped doing any premium to expedite the extension process. Considering this situation, if I plan to go with my extension filing, and stay in US on my period authorized stay [i.e., 240 days from my I-94 expires, i.e, till Aug 2019]

1) If i get my extension rejected result somewhere close to Aug 2019, would my husband be able to initiate H4 for me[ Considering his I-94 would be expiring in same month]
      2) During my POA for L1 extension, Can any X employer file for my H1 visa ?

Please advise me on this scenario.

Comment

My company has recently stopped doing any premium to expedite the extension process. Considering this situation, if I plan to go with my extension filing, and stay in US on my period authorized stay [i.e., 240 days from my I-94 expires, i.e, till Aug 2019]
        Your company cannot stop premium processing, its just that they are not paying for it. If you want you can pay for premium processing from your pocket & get it done sooner.

1) If i get my extension rejected result somewhere close to Aug 2019, would my husband be able to initiate H4 for me[ Considering his I-94 would be expiring in same month]
        As I mentioned earlier, first your husband need to move to H1, then you can initiate your COS to H4. Or else you both can apply for COS together.

2) During my POA for L1 extension, Can any X employer file for my H1 visa ?
        Certainly yes.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X