L1A & H1B - Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A & H1B - Need advice

Hello, I am currently in India and I have an H1B ( cap exempted).
    I want to come back to USA but my Indian office is not ready to support while US office is ready. ( same company)

What is the best option for me?
    1. Get into the USA by body shopper route and approach to US. Transfer H1B and get started with L1A - so that I can get green card quickly.
    2. Convince US office to hire me on H1B and then transfer it to L1A for quick green card.
    3. Get job based on H1B and forget current company (India & US). File for green card from new employer.

The reason for quick green card is, I have a daughter (age 11) and I guess once she is adult, I won't be able to declare her as my dependent.
    And people are advising me not to come to US due to this issue if I don't get green card in time before she turns adult.

So, please support what is best option for me.

Thanks

Originally posted by dhanu_US View Post
    1. Get into the USA by body shopper route and approach to US. Transfer H1B and get started with L1A - so that I can get green card quickly.
    To use your H1B & get into USA, you'll need to find another employer, have your H1B transferred & then fly. Seems to be a long process & high chances of rejection.

Are you eligible for L1A ? COS from H1B to L1A is another set of challenge.

2. Convince US office to hire me on H1B and then transfer it to L1A for quick green card.
    Better to get L1A in India from the same company & then fly - Travelling on H1B itself seems risky.

3. Get job based on H1B and forget current company (India & US). File for green card from new employer.
    If your current company is not ready to transfer you to USA, better to start afresh - find a new employer & move.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

L1A & H1B - Need advice

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      To use your H1B & get into USA, you'll need to find another employer, have your H1B transferred & then fly. Seems to be a long process & high chances of rejection.
      Hi, thank you for the reply.

"Are you eligible for L1A ? COS from H1B to L1A is another set of challenge."
      Yes, I am eligible for L1A. But my Indian company doesn't want to process it.
      But if I go to US on H1B thro' another company and join my current company in USA, can I process L1A?
      My US office is ready.

Better to get L1A in India from the same company & then fly - Travelling on H1B itself seems risky.

If your current company is not ready to transfer you to USA, better to start afresh - find a new employer & move.
      Also, can you advise on my question on my daughter's being adult before I get green card. As if I stay on H1B, chances are high that I might not get the green card before she turns adult.

Thanks

Comment

Also, can you advise on my question on my daughter's being adult before I get green card. As if I stay on H1B, chances are high that I might not get the green card before she turns adult.

Thanks
        She can also get her dependent green card till she turns 21 & stay unmarried.

After that you'll need to get your Citizenship first & then sponsor her green card.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X