Does travel on B1/B2 impact your 12 month period during L1-A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does travel on B1/B2 impact your 12 month period during L1-A

I am soon going to file my L1-A petition. I have spent more than 365 days with an entity abroad but during that period I did travel to US on B1/B2. Should I deduct the time while in US ? I did not get paid anything while in US except Per Diem as per company policy. I was still on payroll of entity abroad and have pay slips for last 12 months. Having said that, I have heard time while in US should be deducted and hence wanted to confirm. Please let me know

Originally posted by saurin212 View Post
    I am soon going to file my L1-A petition. I have spent more than 365 days with an entity abroad but during that period I did travel to US on B1/B2. Should I deduct the time while in US ? I did not get paid anything while in US except Per Diem as per company policy. I was still on payroll of entity abroad and have pay slips for last 12 months. Having said that, I have heard time while in US should be deducted and hence wanted to confirm. Please let me know
    If you were not "working" & get "paid" for that work then it won't be counted as L1A status. So no need to deduct that time.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X