Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i re-enter US with my existing L1B blanket visa if my new L1B blanket is rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i re-enter US with my existing L1B blanket visa if my new L1B blanket is rejected

I am currently on L1B visa expiring on April 4th 2019 (I-129S is till April 2019, PED on stamping is till 27th April 2019 and Visa expiry date is 27th April 2021). I have applied for extension and i was asked to go to Canada for L1B Blanket interview and stamping. I have booked the appointment for February 1st 2019. Question is - If my interview did not go well and if it gets rejected will i be able to re-enter US with my current Visa validity (more than 8 weeks)? Will the VO cancel my existing visa stamp (under "Cancellation without prejudice" clause as i am apply for a visa under the same category) also during the interview and in this case i will be out of status after the interview and will be stranded in Ottawa without any backup plan.

Originally posted by Vico View Post
    I am currently on L1B visa expiring on April 4th 2019 (I-129S is till April 2019, PED on stamping is till 27th April 2019 and Visa expiry date is 27th April 2021). I have applied for extension and i was asked to go to Canada for L1B Blanket interview and stamping.
    Who asked you to go for stamping again? You already have a valid visa till Apr 2021?

Originally posted by Vico View Post
    I have booked the appointment for February 1st 2019. Question is - If my interview did not go well and if it gets rejected will i be able to re-enter US with my current Visa validity (more than 8 weeks)? Will the VO cancel my existing visa stamp (under "Cancellation without prejudice" clause as i am apply for a visa under the same category) also during the interview and in this case i will be out of status after the interview and will be stranded in Ottawa without any backup plan.
    It depends on the VO - at times they cancel existing visa as well. But if he doesn't, then you can surely re-enter with your existing valid visa & most probably you'll get I94 same as your petition expiry date.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X