Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1A individual premium Visa denied from USA, L1A Blanket ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A individual premium Visa denied from USA, L1A Blanket ?

Hi

I was in US working as Project Manager on L1B visa for almost 1.5 yrs and when my L1B visa was approaching for expiry, filed L1A individual amendment before 5 months due for validity. I received a RFE for:
    1) U.S. Managerial Position
    2) One Year of Continuous and Full Time Employment in a Managerial Outside the U.S.
    3) Managerial Position Abroad

After responding to RFE with the required documentation and detail, I received a denial for L1A, so left US after my I-94 validity.
    I am planning to apply for L1A blanket now, do I have to consider any cool-off period before submitting the application? Please suggest.

Originally posted by Balbir Singh View Post
    Hi

I was in US working as Project Manager on L1B visa for almost 1.5 yrs and when my L1B visa was approaching for expiry, filed L1A individual amendment before 5 months due for validity. I received a RFE for:
    1) U.S. Managerial Position
    2) One Year of Continuous and Full Time Employment in a Managerial Outside the U.S.
    3) Managerial Position Abroad

After responding to RFE with the required documentation and detail, I received a denial for L1A, so left US after my I-94 validity.
    I am planning to apply for L1A blanket now, do I have to consider any cool-off period before submitting the application? Please suggest.
    You need to prove that you worked "Outside" USA in managerial position for 1 years within last 3 years. If you can prove that, then there is no cool-off period.

On the other hand, if you were really working on managerial position before entering USA on L1B, then why did you apply for L1B - you should have applied for L1A at the very first time itself.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      You need to prove that you worked "Outside" USA in managerial position for 1 years within last 3 years. If you can prove that, then there is no cool-off period.

On the other hand, if you were really working on managerial position before entering USA on L1B, then why did you apply for L1B - you should have applied for L1A at the very first time itself.
      Thanks a lot for responding. Looks like I have been denied for not having to manage professional employees in US and abroad which is not true but don't know if I can appeal for that. Cool-off period is a subject, I am not very clear on as someone suggested that there is no cool-off period after L1A rejection but I would really appreciate if someone can share a link from USCIS talking about cool-off period.
      I became manager in India when my L1B application was in progress.

Comment

Looks like I have been denied for not having to manage professional employees in US and abroad which is not true but don't know if I can appeal for that.
        Did you included your reportees details on your petition application?

Cool-off period is a subject, I am not very clear on as someone suggested that there is no cool-off period after L1A rejection but I would really appreciate if someone can share a link from USCIS talking about cool-off period.
        Since there is no cool-off period, hence most probably you won't find anything on USCIS site.

I became manager in India when my L1B application was in progress.
        In that case you should have filed for amendment immediately after you got promotion - before petition renewal.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X