Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A Blanket Extension filed and Waiting for Result

Hello Friends,

I need some information about my case based on your experiences. I am on L1A Blanket and my VISA got Expired on 16th June 2018. My I94 is expiring in 2020. I have filed for regular extension on 8th June 2018. Currently status not moving from Received. I have below questions.

1. How much time L1A Blanket extension approval takes ?

2. As I am still waiting for status but my Visa is expired and I94 is still Valid, Do that 240 days condition applies in my case ? Is it like after 240 I cannot work ?

3. If my VISA status is still pending. Can I file for Green Card or start processing ? As far as I know I need to wait for the result. But I thought to clarify.

Please advise.

Originally posted by pranav737 View Post
    1. How much time L1A Blanket extension approval takes ?
    In today's time, an extension in normal processing is easily taking 4-5 months.

2. As I am still waiting for status but my Visa is expired and I94 is still Valid, Do that 240 days condition applies in my case ? Is it like after 240 I cannot work ?
    That's correct. You cannot work post 240 days of your petition expiry. However since you have extended I94, you can still stay in USA.

3. If my VISA status is still pending. Can I file for Green Card or start processing ? As far as I know I need to wait for the result. But I thought to clarify.
    You can still file for 140 & 485.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      In today's time, an extension in normal processing is easily taking 4-5 months.

That's correct. You cannot work post 240 days of your petition expiry. However since you have extended I94, you can still stay in USA.

You can still file for 140 & 485.
      I really appreciate your response.

Is it possible that it can take more than 240 days for result to come ?

Should I talk to our office immigration team to raise an inquiry ?

It's already more than 6 months of filing.
      Last edited by pranav737; 12-26-2018, 11:00 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

I really appreciate your response.

Is it possible that it can take more than 240 days for result to come ?

Should I talk to our office immigration team to raise an inquiry ?

It's already more than 6 months of filing.
        Yes, I have seen cases where the response came after 240 days as well, but it was after RFE.

Since its already 6 months, please talk to an attorney to raise inquiry about it.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          Yes, I have seen cases where the response came after 240 days as well, but it was after RFE.

Since its already 6 months, please talk to an attorney to raise inquiry about it.

I checked the USCIS website for case processing it says
          Receipt date for a case inquiry 26th May. My received date is 9th June. I know it’s already 6 months passed but inquiry won’t fall under normal process. What should I do ? Please advise.

What is the ratio of L1A blanket extension approval ?

Comment

I checked the USCIS website for case processing it says
            Receipt date for a case inquiry 26th May. My received date is 9th June. I know it’s already 6 months passed but inquiry won’t fall under normal process. What should I do ? Please advise.

What is the ratio of L1A blanket extension approval ?
            Switch to premium after 5-6 months.

Chances are still high.

Comment

Please check your case number against the processing timeline given in the below link

This site provides applicants the ability to see an estimate of the time to completion from submission of USCIS forms based on its adjudication location and subtype.

You can determine which service center your petition is submitted through the first 3 alphabets of your case number. You can enquire about your case if it is outside your processing time.
              I have a similar situation of yours and my application was filed in first week of July. I have enquired about my case as it is outside the processing time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X