Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Salary & Benefits

Hi All,

My employer is proposing me L1B visa. I would like to know what is typical salary I should expect and other benefits given by companies for transfer from India to US. My company is based out of LA in California.

1. What should be expected/good salary for 14 years experience IT professional in Los Angeles, CA? My title in US would be Technical Architect and I will be migrating with my wife and an infant.
    2. Are there any service agreement/bond usually done by employer as an agreement?
    3. What benefits are given by employer for L1B transfer like Insurance, initial accommodation etc
    4. My company has approved blanket petition. How much time should it take for my visa process?

Thank you,
    Sanket

Though the answer to these question varies from employer to employer - I am trying to answer to the best of my knowledge & understanding.
    Originally posted by smphantom View Post
    1. What should be expected/good salary for 14 years experience IT professional in Los Angeles, CA? My title in US would be Technical Architect and I will be migrating with my wife and an infant.
    You should get minimum of $120K per annum with your experience & location as LA - surviving would be little difficult on anything below that in LA (its a costly place to live).
    2. Are there any service agreement/bond usually done by employer as an agreement?
    Bond to work for the same company for few years is illegal in USA - even though if you sign it, they cannot take it to court.
    3. What benefits are given by employer for L1B transfer like Insurance, initial accommodation etc
    Depends on employer, few employer pays high but do not provide any benefit, on the other hand, few employer pay less, but gives you lots of these benefits.
    Above mentioned $120K is good if you have group insurance from your company.
    Initial accommodation is generally for 1 to 3 weeks.
    4. My company has approved blanket petition. How much time should it take for my visa process?
    if you have blanket petition, you do not need anything else, just book visa interview appointment & you can fly the very same day you get your visa in your hand.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X