Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 visa stamping at Mexico, Nogales

Hi All,

My husband's L1visa was expiring in 16thFeb2019 and hence got his new L1 A visa after attending an interview at Ottawa,Canada on Jan10th2019 and we(L2) couldn't accompany him as the slots weren't availabe. So, me and kids on L2 looking to visit mexico for the stamping as we have our visa stamp valid only until 16thFeb2019. Has any of you recently visited Mexico for stamping the dependents visa alone? Also, if it wouldn't be an issue as my husband got his done in Canada but his dependents will visit Mexico?. TIA

regards,
    Kaveri

Originally posted by KaveriPaul View Post
    Hi All,

My husband's L1visa was expiring in 16thFeb2019 and hence got his new L1 A visa after attending an interview at Ottawa,Canada on Jan10th2019 and we(L2) couldn't accompany him as the slots weren't availabe. So, me and kids on L2 looking to visit mexico for the stamping as we have our visa stamp valid only until 16thFeb2019. Has any of you recently visited Mexico for stamping the dependents visa alone? Also, if it wouldn't be an issue as my husband got his done in Canada but his dependents will visit Mexico?. TIA

regards,
    Kaveri
    Answering differently:

Visa is merely for entry purpose at POE in USA - you really don't need a valid visa to remain in USA - a valid I94 is sufficient. Which you can certainly extend within USA itself based on your husband's approved visa/petition.

So, as long as you are not planning to visit outside USA - don't worry about stamping. You can get that done anytime on your next visit to home country.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X