Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pros and Cons of having Indian passport for us born baby.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pros and Cons of having Indian passport for us born baby.

Hi,
    Currently I am in l1 and pregnant.My I129s will expire in December 2019 and I94 on may 2020.so I have to apply for extension on September.and my baby is due in mid october.
    We want to have Indian citizenship
    For our baby as I can not afford the education cost back in India(heard it will be more for Nri kids)
    I came to know that it is possible to apply for Indian passport and register the birth under indian mission.
    My question is can my baby travel back to Indian(not returning to us) just with Indian passport or do we need any other documents.please suggest the right option so that we can get prepared we in advance to facilitate the same.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    My question is can my baby travel back to Indian(not returning to us) just with Indian passport or do we need any other documents.please suggest the right option so that we can get prepared we in advance to facilitate the same.
    Your child will have no problem going to India on an Indian passport. But he/she will have trouble returning to the US. As a US citizen, he/she cannot get a US visa. So, unless coming in through a land border, the only document that will allow him/her to return to the US would be a US passport, and getting a US passport might lead to loss of Indian citizenship.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X