Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Extension approved but not stamped, H1 petition approved but not stamped

Hi,

My L2 extension got approved in Sep 2018 but not yet gone for stamping. After few days My H1 petition got approved by employer A in Jan 2019. Now I am in India. I am confused about my current status.

1. I have not scheduled my H1 stamping interview yet. Can I go for L2 stamping now? or should I file for change of status from H1 to L2?
    2. I want to resign Company A who filed my H1. So if I come back to US on L2 and join company B, can I transfer the approved H1 to Company B while working on L2?
    3. If Company B is ready for H1 transfer, will it go through the Lottery process again or I will be exempted from lottery process.? (What happens if company A revokes my H1 petition)

As my husband is in US now and Company A is not ready to send me to US on H1 in near future, I want to give resignation to company A and go to US on L2. If I want to go for L2 stamping, should I need to file anything like change of status or simply I can schedule my visa interview? Please suggest me..

Originally posted by mahi191 View Post
    Hi,

My L2 extension got approved in Sep 2018 but not yet gone for stamping. After few days My H1 petition got approved by employer A in Jan 2019. Now I am in India. I am confused about my current status.

1. I have not scheduled my H1 stamping interview yet. Can I go for L2 stamping now? or should I file for change of status from H1 to L2?
    2. I want to resign Company A who filed my H1. So if I come back to US on L2 and join company B, can I transfer the approved H1 to Company B while working on L2?
    3. If Company B is ready for H1 transfer, will it go through the Lottery process again or I will be exempted from lottery process.? (What happens if company A revokes my H1 petition)

As my husband is in US now and Company A is not ready to send me to US on H1 in near future, I want to give resignation to company A and go to US on L2. If I want to go for L2 stamping, should I need to file anything like change of status or simply I can schedule my visa interview? Please suggest me..
    Seems like you just have H1B petition approved - you never did a change of status while in USA & neither you worked on your H1 petition?

If so, you can freely apply for your L2 visa, get it stamped, re-enter USA as L2 & continue with it as long as allowed.

H1B petition approval is just an offer from a third company & its not required for you to join that company.

Lastly, if they company does not revoke that H1 petition, you can still use that petition to switch to H1 & have that H1 transferred to another company.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X