Visa L2 stamping after USCIS approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa L2 stamping after USCIS approval

I?m currently on L2 visa in USA (was approved by USCIS, but doesn?t have stamp in passport). I want to travel outside US and so I need to obtain visa stamp to be eligible to come back in US. My question is: is it necessary to obtain visa in my home country? (Russia) or I can go to US Embassy or Consulate in other countries? (E.g. Canada). Thank you

Originally posted by Marri View Post
    I?m currently on L2 visa in USA (was approved by USCIS, but doesn?t have stamp in passport). I want to travel outside US and so I need to obtain visa stamp to be eligible to come back in US. My question is: is it necessary to obtain visa in my home country? (Russia) or I can go to US Embassy or Consulate in other countries? (E.g. Canada). Thank you
    The visa can be issued anywhere outside USA (including Canada).

But if you've lots of your documents (transcripts, job letter etc) in your local language (Russian), then I would suggest to go to Russia.

The reason being the officers in Russia can easily understand those documents & help you secure the visa easily & quickly.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      The visa can be issued anywhere outside USA (including Canada).

But if you've lots of your documents (transcripts, job letter etc) in your local language (Russian), then I would suggest to go to Russia.

The reason being the officers in Russia can easily understand those documents & help you secure the visa easily & quickly.
      Thank you! And what about an interview? Is it an ordinary procedure (like: application + interview with consul + waiting for consul?s decision)? Or my USCIS approval is a guarantee for visa stamp? I can?t find any information about this issue on USCIS website.

Comment

Thank you! And what about an interview? Is it an ordinary procedure (like: application + interview with consul + waiting for consul?s decision)?
        L2 interview will be pretty simple, unless you've an unusual history/case.

They just need to see if you are the "real" dependent of primary & the primary is still maintaining his/her status.
        Or my USCIS approval is a guarantee for visa stamp? I can?t find any information about this issue on USCIS website.
        [/QUOTE]
        There is no guarantee anywhere in this whole process, but chances are pretty high.

They can deport a person with a valid visa stamp as well.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X