Transfer from L1 to L2 and get EAD - Process and timelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer from L1 to L2 and get EAD - Process and timelines

My wife and I are in US on L1A. However, my wife employer's company has been taken over and there is likely to be lay-off's in her department. My employer is in the process of filing our I-140. We are based in NY.

So i wanted to know how much time does it take to transfer my wife's L1 to L2. Also, can i get the EAD for my wife simultaneously, so she can work continuously.

Any help is welcome including immigration expert.

Thanks

Originally posted by bavish View Post
    My wife and I are in US on L1A. However, my wife employer's company has been taken over and there is likely to be lay-off's in her department. My employer is in the process of filing our I-140. We are based in NY.

So i wanted to know how much time does it take to transfer my wife's L1 to L2. Also, can i get the EAD for my wife simultaneously, so she can work continuously.

Any help is welcome including immigration expert.

Thanks
    You need to file form I539 (Change of Status) for your wife. You can file that under premium processing & can expect the response within 15 days.

File for her EAD as well along with COS & you'll get response almost same time.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X