Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD extension validity period

Hello,

My spouse holds an L2 visa and got an EAD card with a validity of 2 years expiring in Oct 2019. We will be applying for her EAD to be extended in Apr 2019.
    My L1 visa is expiring in May 2020 and so I will be applying for a visa extension next year.

How long will the validity be for the EAD granted to my spouse when she applies for it in Apr 2019? Will it be 2 years again starting in Oct 2019 or would it only be up to the date of the expiry of my current L1 visa i.e. May 2020?

I know the validity is at the discretion of USCIS ultimately, but I was curious about what happens generally in such cases?

Thanks

Originally posted by im42 View Post
    Hello,

My spouse holds an L2 visa and got an EAD card with a validity of 2 years expiring in Oct 2019. We will be applying for her EAD to be extended in Apr 2019.
    My L1 visa is expiring in May 2020 and so I will be applying for a visa extension next year.

How long will the validity be for the EAD granted to my spouse when she applies for it in Apr 2019? Will it be 2 years again starting in Oct 2019 or would it only be up to the date of the expiry of my current L1 visa i.e. May 2020?

I know the validity is at the discretion of USCIS ultimately, but I was curious about what happens generally in such cases?

Thanks
    It will be till May 2020.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X